One of the leading european petrol product storage sites
The Géosel underground storage plant in Manosque is one of the biggest European operational and strategic petrol product sites. Crude oil, heating oil, gasoline, domestic fuel and naphtha are stored there. Commissioned in 1969, it is located in the nature and silence zone of the Luberon regional natural park. It is an example of the successful cohabitation between a highly sensitive natural environment and an industrial activity.
It has a capacity of over 9 million m3 in 30 salt caverns containing about 40% crude oil and 60% refined products.
It is a key element in petrol logistics for south-eastern France and is connected to the Fos/Lavéra zone refineries and petrochemical plants, to the Marseille harbour and to the European SPSE, SPMR and ODC (via SPMR) pipeline networks. It also has a strategic role in the event of a petrol supply crisis.
Our main clients are refiners, the chemicals industry, strategic storage agencies, petrol distributors or traders.
- One of the 1st European storage sites in size, located near the mediterranean coast.
A storage capacity in excess of
9 million m3.
- 30 salt caverns connected to the Fos/Lavéra zone refineries and petrochemical plants, as well as to the international pipeline networks.
- 40% crude oil and 60% refined products.
- Almost 3.5 million m3 of refined products transferred per year.
- 50 years experience in strategic and operational stock management.
A turnover of 70 million euros.